In the PTR the jousting in the Argent Tournament was very difficult, but since it went live they’ve nerfed the NPC’s quite a bit making the jousts very winnable. Here’s how I’ve been doing it. Hopefully it’ll work for you too.
- Stack your shields to +3 BEFORE challenging an opponent. I don’t know how many times I’ve forgotten to do this.
- Whenever the NPC opens the distance between you, wait until he’s in charge range and then charge. This should remove one shield from him.
- Once you’ve charged, veer off to the side in a tight loop. When you’re at the apex of the loop do a shield breaker and then close the distance. This is tricky and you wont get one off every time. But when you do it’ll take another shield off your opponent.
- If you’re behind don’t bother with charges, when your NPC opens the distance just do a shield breaker and then close the distance before he can charge you. This will let you wail on him with one shield off and let you catch up.
- Be very aware of your shields and keep them at +3 , the max. Some opponents can take your shields away very quickly and you need to put them back really fast or you will lose.